Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Greyhound sketch



So... it's been a while since I posted stuff, so I'll try to make it up to my 2 readers by posting double in a day! This is a sketch from a recent trip to NorCal via the Greyhound bus. It was done while on the bus... not an easy task since it was bumpy! But I'm rather happy with how it turned out. I had seen a nifty looking tree on the way up that had a big hole in the bottom, and I wanted to try to capture the way it twisted around.

I'm a big fan of Charles Vess and I absolutely love the way he does his trees. Mine didn't turn out quite so lovely, a little too stylized, but ah well. I have a lot to learn.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is lovely, Erica. Love the classic children book illustration style!! VEry COOOL tree!!

Rebecca Perez Stodolny said...

Very cool site erica! Keep postin!
~reb