Sunday, July 04, 2010

Pencil test for Guild class

I signed up for a traditional animation class with the Local 839 Guild up in Burbank on Monday nights!  It's a lot of fun getting to pick up paper and pencil again.  Here's the latest assignment pencil test:



My professor Alex Topete gave us model sheets for Darla Dimple from Cats Don't Dance (an excellent movie if you haven't seen it) and an audio file from "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?"  I had a lot of fun pushing Darla's facial expression as she manages to shut off her alarm clock by pure fury. 

On the side I've also been helping out a friend with his short film so hopefully I'll be able to post my shot for you from that soon as well.  Meanwhile it's crunch time at work, we're shipping in October but we have to pass certification much earlier.  Hopefully things will cool down in a couple weeks!

2 comments:

Simon Scales said...

nice animation...some good stuff here - ill keep checking back

Andrew Chan said...

Erica!! It's been a while! Sorry, I haven't visited, and commented in a while, I've been drowning in work. I'm usually working 6-7 days a week. Usually 12-16 hrs a day for the past few months. Been very busy working on TRON Legacy!

But yeah, I still love this project!! Just trying to put as much effort into it as possible to make the film look badass!!!

I don't remember the last time I picked up a pencil to animate! Props!!!