Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Final assignment for guild class

Wow, 12 weeks went by fast! This last assignment features two characters I'm thinking of developing a short film for. Not sure I've nailed down the design yet. I was mainly considering the contrast between the two personalities for this test. I'll probably end up animating the short in 3D since that's the medium I'm most comfortable with. I wish I didn't have to go through the trouble of creating my own models and rigs, though! It's been so long since I went through that process for "Swing."

Anyway, the shot was a bit poorly planned as you never see the fan catch the home run ball (ran out of room at the edge of the paper, something you don't have to worry about in 3D!) I still had fun with it though, and enjoyed the class with Alex Topete and Mike Polvani! It's nice to do something completely different and remind myself of the reasons why I wanted to become an animator in the first place. Mocap cleanup has a nasty habit of sucking the life and creativity out of one's work. Thanks Alex and Mike for reigniting the spark! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your 2D ROCKS!!