Saturday, November 06, 2010

11 Second Club - October 2010

I found myself with some free time last month so I tried out the 11 Second Club competition for the first time.  I've always found the competition inspiring but never quite worked up the nerve to enter myself.  I earned a respectable 5th place out of 256 entries, not bad!

Here's my piece:



You can check out the other entries here:

http://www.11secondclub.com/competitions/october10/

I went through a lot of free rigs available on the internet before settling on the "Blake" rig by Jason Baskin.  I found that his rig had a decent facial setup and controls that I wanted for the body (although I did wish the spine was better).  There were some other good rigs, but Blake's character design seemed like he would fit the audio for the month.

I'm playing around with Josh Burton's "Morpheus" rig which also seems very promising.  Maybe some other month... once we're done with all this condo-buying nonsense :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is AWESOME Erica!! It's beautifully done, and love your background design too!!