Saturday, June 25, 2011

AnimationRigs.com contest!

Soooo, it's been a while.  I've moved on to Sony Santa Monica to work on an unannounced game project and it's a little slow going.  In the meantime I tried another short project at home similar to the 11-Second Club entry from last October.  This time it was a contest hosted by Kevin Freeman who runs the AnimationRigs.com website.  We had a choice of 5 audio clips this time, and the only rule was that we had to use the rigs from the site.  The rest was up to us!

I downloaded some free geo for a background from turbosquid.com and some sound effects from freesound.org.  Here's the final product:



And the good news: I won first place!  So not only do I have a nice piece for my demo reel, I also have some prize cash to get something nice.  :D  There were some pretty nice entries from other contestants too, and I was surprised to learn who the judges were.  Pretty high profile folks!

Anyway, next post I'll try to upload some WIP videos so you guys can see my animation process.

5 comments:

Andrew Chan said...

Hey Erica! It's been a while!!!

I hope all is well with you! I haven't update in a long time as well.. Been super swamped lately!

That animation looks great, and congrats on the gig over at Sony Santa Monica!

Goodjob with getting 1st place as well! :)

Dapoon said...

Hey Eric, congrats on the win! This was my favorite piece among them all. Great look and feel to it! Very inspiring!

And yes, the judges list took me quite by surprise too! :D

Rekha Thorat said...

Hey Erica! its was my fav piece of anim from entries. fantastic anim, keep up the great work :)

jriggity said...

Great work Erica!

so glad I found your blog...bookmarked....Ill be back

jriggity

Fill Marc Sagadraca said...

Wow! Congrats, Erica. Very impressive.