Thursday, August 25, 2011

Our 3rd Anniversary!

Traditionally each wedding anniversary has a material associated with it (i.e. 1st - Paper, 2nd - cotton, 25th - silver, 50th - gold) and for our 3rd year it was "leather."  Well, I'm no good working with leather, but I had an idea of what I could do for this year's gift.  Tommy loves baseball, and baseballs are made of leather!  So I managed to sneak down to the gift shop during an Angels/Rangers game and procure an official game-used baseball.  This year's are pretty sweet because it's the Angels' 50th year, so each baseball has a 50th year logo on it.

Then I set about creating a display to hold the baseball using a material I was more familiar with - Sculpey. :)  The tricky part was working on it so Tommy didn't find out!  I sculpted mostly at work before and after hours.  Below is the finished product along with some WIP pics.











4 comments:

Xavier Yabut said...

Awesome work on your blog! I also like your animation reel, great job!

jriggity said...

so cool to see you playing in clay too....I hope he loved it....cause its a very cool gift!!

jriggity

Michelle said...

this is AWESOME!!!! :) :) :) How did you do it without him seeing it?

Unknown said...

This is REALLY cool!