Thursday, June 08, 2006

It is done. Well, shot 24 is, anyway.

*phew*

Finally finished off the secondary motion! Here's the finished product:



Had a heck of a time with the tail, as usual. I kinda wish I had made the rig with global tail controls instead of local ones, that way the tail wouldn't swing around wildly all the time. Or some kind of nifty local/global switch like we have on the rigs at work. But I'm not that smart. :)

In other news, I've been trying desperately to inspire myself to draw something, anything. It's tough when I'm not in a regular drawing class and my job and student film both keep me glued to the computer. Yesterday I forced open a sketchbook and messed around with some thumbnails until I came up with one that looked decently cool. I decided to make some "fan art" for a video game I play called DragonFable. I have a Rogue character named Caelum and thought he'd be a good refresher course for some figure drawing. I even yanked out my anatomy book for this one!

So here's the rough sketch done up in Photoshop:



He's gonna be holding some daggers in the final version. We'll see if I have enough patience to color it!

I'd like to find some web resources of dynamic figure poses (y'know, martial arts, anime, fighting, dancing, acrobatics, flying through the air, matrix-y stuff). I think they would help me visualize the body in motion and in perspective. Portfolios or photo galleries or video sites, whatever. Anybody have any suggestions?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

beautifull animation Erica!! Coool drawing too.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Very cool animation,I'm rubbish with characters hence I don't animate !!