Thursday, June 01, 2006

Shot 24 - cleanup in progress

So here's that shot a week later, unfortunately it's going slow because of work deadlines and such, I don't have much time to work on it. But I moved the center character out of breakdowns and into cleanup. You can see I haven't gotten to the fingers, ears, or tail yet, but the important part was getting the torso, head, and limbs moving naturally before getting into details.



It's funny, whenever I move from stepped keys to linear interpolation, there's always some kind of timing issue. For some reason, something that looked fine in keys/breakdowns will end up being too fast or too slow when in-betweening. But it's easier (for me anyway) to fix those timing issues since I still have easily readable keyframes to adjust. After this, there's no turning back! If I have to make any major timing changes at this point, I'll just start deleting chunks of keys because the dope sheet is such a mess that it'd be almost impossible to make changes on a macro level.


Someday I'll draw again. :) Alina, when are we going to the zoo??

2 comments:

Garrett Shikuma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Garrett Shikuma said...

I always get frustrated when I change from stepped to spline in the graph editor. That brisk/snap I had when it was stepped is now gone...noooo!
A friend of mine was saying that taking this step is like re-animating all over again, trying to get that original intent back into your newly splined animation.

Cant wait to see the whole short Erica!!!!