Tuesday, June 12, 2012

30-Day Drawing Challenge: Day 1


My friend Michelle started doing the "30-Day Drawing Challenge" a while back, and I thought it was a really cool idea.  Didn't have time to start it myself until after my iAnimate classes were done, but now that they are, it's time to draw!

Day 1 is "Draw Yourself." Kind of a toughie for me.  I'm pretty self-conscious when it comes to staring at myself in a mirror or taking photos, etc. So I opted for a simplified portrait and focused on the things that I like to think define me as a whole: my interests, hobbies, stuff I've done, and of course the shirts I wear.  I could start a whole blog just about my t-shirts and what they say about me. :)

So for those who may not know me so well, the first three outfits should be pretty self-explanatory: I like video games, I like making art, and I like taking pictures. The fourth outfit with the snazzy green helmet is reminiscent of the typical work gear from my trip to Costa Rica with folks from Playstation and Habitat for Humanity. Finally, the dress is the old uniform from the UCLA and Angeles Chorales, which I used to be a part of before my work got too hectic.  I think I've sung Handel's Messiah at least 5 times with them.

No comments: