Saturday, December 07, 2013

Advent! Dec 6


Working with several tools today - oil brush, watercolor brush, palette knife and eraser. The palette knife in particular can create some interesting effects (such as the background texture).  Not exactly sure how that setting is supposed to imitate a knife on canvas, but then again I've never used a real one.

I'm kind of improvising a little story as I go along each day. Originally I'd thought maybe she could take a sprig from the wreath and start a nest with it, but I then learned that chickadees don't build nests until April. I suppose I could take liberties with that behavior, though I suppose it would seem odd for any bird to try to lay eggs in wintertime.  Now, that's not to say that I'm going to stay completely true to nature...

So, where could chickadee be taking that sprig? Stay tuned! :)

No comments: